Monday, November 10, 2008

The Things I Like Most About Being Married to a Gay Man

Since my post last night was pretty emotional...here's a light hearted one.

THE THINGS I LIKE MOST ABOUT BEING MARRIED TO A GAY MAN:

*He watches chick flicks with me. He will actually go to a theater to do this! No hiding in the house with the blinds closed for him. He is not embarrassed about it at all. I think it's great!
*He likes to go shopping. I have never had to hurry because he is complaining. Doesn't happen.
*We have great conversations. He is very easy to talk to, and he likes to listen to me (or at least he does a great job of pretending to like it).
*He washes dishes A LOT.
*He knows how to cook, and doesn't mind doing dinner duties once in awhile.
*He loves being a dad. He genuinely loves spending time with our kids.
*He is very affectionate. Lots of hugs!
*He is masculine. Anyone who thinks all gay men are femmy....not so.
*He is just a great, honest, strong, compassionate person, and I love him in spite of our differences!

3 comments:

Kengo Biddles said...

I chuckle to think of the day that Miki asked me if her outfit matched, and I, being very straight guy-minded at the time gave her a glance and said, "yeah, sure..."

She huffed, "What good is it having a GAY HUSBAND if he doesn't help you dress!"

It's nice to joke and laugh and see the positives. It helps you realize that what could be an issue doesn't have to be as big as your mind wants to make it.

Mike said...

LOL Kengo! That made me smile. :D

Cici,

I can appreciate everything that you are going through, I really can. My wife and I have had our differences in the past couple of weeks since I started blogging (I haven't told her I have yet, I am afraid of her reaction).

I am happy that you have found positive influences here in the blog family. I look forward to gaining hope of having a more communicative relationship with my wife as I read your posts.

CiCi said...

Mike...My husband and I don't always communicate well, but a lot of times we do. I guess it just depends on the time of the month! Haha! Make sure you don't tell your wife about your blogging when she has PMS. It won't go over well. Just a little bit of wifely advice for you.